Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollep

Technical User
Jul 24, 2008
AU
MS Word office:

Just reinstalled XP-Pro with SP3 – and the MS-Word application started acting very strange.

The “F” keys opens “Word Perfect Help windows”, regardless that the “option settings” indicate that the proper functions are there.

Also, the “Ctrl-Home” opens a “Go To Window” instead of it’s normal function. (top of document.)

Anyone seen these behavior?
Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanx Guys…

OlleP

Hi Guys
Thanks a lot for all help and prompt replies, it’s a wonderful forum so I will hang around – hopefully be able to contribute with the little experience I have accumulated.

The problem is “half way” solved, but it seems to be a row of problems originating from using some old Visual Basic Application programs, VBA 6.0 I believe.

No, it didn’t help re-loading the normal.dot, not even re-installing;

Before I found this forum I had tried:
Removing and reinstalling office.
“Borrowing” a normal.dot from a working XP application.

The “half solution” I found was this:
All the “F” keys showed different pop-up windows with “Word Perfect” help subjects. As I was clicking through them I found one that gave me some “tick-box-selections”, I managed to un-tick this stupid help option and get rid of it.

The “half-solution” is that this selection removed my personal toolbar as well, something I named “axon.dot”.

But thanx for your help for now.

I will try to you guys the whole story about my VBA-6.0 application, have been planning for years to redo it in newer VB versions.

Cheers

Olle…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back