Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office 2007 Release??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwalker456

Programmer
Sep 23, 2006
US
Hey everyone!

I need a little help here. Bill Gates and Microsoft are very vague on the release date of the next Office. I found this site

it has a countdown to the release date of Office 2007. Is this correct? I can't wait for

this release.

Is this site telling the truth?

THanks,
K. Walker

You realize this is not a Microsoft site...but an ad to sell you "access" to software.

Outlook 2007 is great though!

Regards: tf1

Well, ive beta tested office 2007 and frankly its nothing special. Just a better graphic interface. To be honest im useed to the old interface. Office 2003 for now is the best version, plus its a bit lighter on system resources.

I think I would wait till service pack 2 for it comes out, if it like any of the other office products.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

I think that Word has been 'dumbed down' to such as extent, that power users have been crippled. The new ribbon is fine for casual users, but the loss of custom toolbars and AutoText is a serious threat to productivity.

I too am not looking forward to rolling our Word 2007.

Regards: tf1

Just a better graphic interface".

Hmmmmm.

I'm with tf. It may be better for casual users, but power users will not like it. I don't like it. However, even for casual users, there is no question in my mind that 2007 will require significant training.

I am not concerned about me being able to use it and function - although I don't like it. I am concerned about training thousands of our users. This takes time, money, and people resources.

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back