Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ms office 2000 help files missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs03

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2003
GB
Hello!
Can anyone help please? A user is missing an ms office help files and when choosing help menu it tries to redirect to the ms access help menu, but fails to even get there....can I just copy and install files from another pc or should I reinstall office? anyone had similar issue?

any feedback would be gratefully received!!
Thanks guys and gals!

Morgs

You can go to Control Panel|Add,Remove programs and 'Add and Remove Features'. You can install the missing help file package or any features you're missing from there.
That requires you to have the MS Office CD in the CD rom.

Or if you don't have the CD in hands, you can download the help files on the MS Office Microsoft website. Once installed, click on the help link and browse it to the saved file. That would work.

I did that several times if I can't find the CD anywhere.

Thanks very much pho01 thats great! Will try that this afternoon!! Thanks for your prompt reply - much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back