Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office 00 Administrative Install - Applying sr-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgetter

MIS
Apr 10, 2000
US
Since many of my workstations do not have cd-rom drives, I used the Office 2000 administrative install to place the files onto my Novell servers. I was then able to install Office 2000 to my workstations.

Now I need to install Office 2000 sr-1, but can't figure out how to "patch" my original Novell server administrative install of Office 2000.

Any ideas?

Do you get any specific error messages?

(In case you're looking for the general procedure, article Q257983 in the Knowledge Base may provide some clues.)

I'd be interested in hearing what your experiences are with this particular update.

Ilse

I did find article Q257983 and was able to update all of my servers. All seems well for now. Thanks for the tip.

This is what I've done.
Create Administrative install point with :
Msiexec.exe /a <cdrom>\data1.msi

This creates an administrative installpoint on a drive or network share. Use the Office Resource Kit Utilities to create an answer file for ease of installation.

Download the administrative version of the Data1.exe (140 Mb) and unpack to create Data1.msp

Update administrative installpoint by running:
Msiexec.exe /a <OfficeInstallLocation>Data1.msi /x <path>Data1.msp

I have recently done an administrative install of Office 2000 on an NT 4 server. I have applied the administrative updates that were available to me. The newest administrative patch that I have been able to find appears to be from July of 2001. Does anyone know if MS is going to keep up with the administrative patches for Office 2000?

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back