Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Mac Office Single User License

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmover

Technical User
Jun 9, 2004
US
I’ve a iMac & MacBook Pro and each computer has their own single user license for Word, Excel, PP, and OneNote. Previously, each computer had activated licenses and no problems existed.

on the MBP, suddenly i get this message (see below) about activating office 365, which i do not want nor need as i paid for the single user license.

Searching MS only tells me how to activate the office 365 license, not the single use license, which was already previously established.

1. what caused the license to not be activated for the MBP? A recent update? The iMac had a MS update earlier this week and still no issues with the license. I do not want this to occur again. Fyi, i did use this MPB while in Thailand and had no issues. I seldom use this MPB and recall seeing this issue about 3-months ago after an update was installed, but dismissed it until now.

2. what is needed to get the single user license activated for the MBP? i can easily reinstall if necessary.

Screen_Shot_2023-09-14_at_1.11.14_AM_d5mmpv.png

thanks!

Hi pmover,

I can use Excel 365 on my Apple iPad with no subscription. It just doesn't have all the bells n whistles that MS Excel has like VBA, Get External Data acquisition features, Range Naming, Conditional Formatting that I like to use but I get enough basic features that gets me through like, Structured Tables and additional 365 functions like UNIQUE(), SORT() and other array processing advanced functions.

Bottom line, I can't answer your license activation question, but I can suggest using 365 with no subscription.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

Hi Skip,

Thanks & good to know. However, I use those Excel features you wrote of; hence, the need for the single user license.

Why that message is displayed on Mac Book Pro and not the iMac for 2 different single user licenses is bewildering and frustrating.

well, i proceeded to activate the license and all i had to do was log into my email account. all ms products licenses are activated.
my “thoughts” were that my only choice was the monthly subscription type license based on the “activate office 365” message.
why the message was displayed to begin with is not known. i suspect that the MBP was used several times w/out internet access; hence, the message to activate or re-activate the licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back