Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Lock down Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmac

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
CA
I've made the mistake of running Microsofts lock down tool. Now I can't run any VBScripts that write to files. Ive checked all permissions I know of for Iuser and as far as I can see they are all right. I've reset all permissions on the various directories involved in my scripts and given more than needed permissions ( I think) Everything worked great prior to my stupidity of running the tool. I removed and reinstalled IIS but that didnt work either. Any insight on what to do would be more than appreciated. As a foot note none of my ASP pages can connect to my SQL DB either. But I guess that's for another forum.

My understanding of the Lockdown Tool is that it will undo previous changes when it is re-run prior to making a new set of changes.

I would re-run it and undo everything then cancel out without any new changes.

Worth a shot
sghouse

In a perfect world I guess that would work but unfourtunately it's not. I tried that and guess what , No go. I ended up having to format my drive and reinstalling from a back up. So just a word of caution folks, Set your own security settings and don't try the quick fix MS offers with the Lockdown tool. Thankyou for your reply

Heh.. wanted to offer my help.. but looks like u got it fixed the hard way. :)

Yeah.. lockdown does just as what the name implies... literally.

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS UTIL.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back