Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS LCS (Live Communications Server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal99

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2005
CA
Has anyone tried Intergrating LCS with IP Office? I thought that feature was supposed to exist in ver 3.0

Phone Manager is the only application that backs into LCS, for Presence status and MSN (TEXT CHAT) like activity in Phone Manager.
I have conducted this integration a few times however, until LCS comes down to the SMBS space of the market I don’t think it will take off.

This feature was introduced in V3.0 IPO, and does not require any additional License on the IPO.

If you are going to implement on LCS05 you need to make additional security/configuration changes on the LCS server to make the SIP integration side work correctly with Phone Manager.

There is no real documentation from AVAYA on how to configure this feature, I would look closely at the LCS sever manual in relation to connecting third party SIP applications.

Once you have performed the intergration once, its easy.

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

Thanks for the info. We want to use MS Communicator instead of Phone manager (some of us are already using Win XP64 and the tapi driver for IP office is only 32bit). the LCS documentation is not the best (contact you PBX supplier line). any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back