Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Intellimouse Explorer Button Reassignment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

belrac

Technical User
Jan 26, 2003
AU
I have recently upgraded to a new "white box" running Win XP Pro. My previous box also ran XP Pro. All of the old peripherals are connected to the new box.

On the old box the MS software for Intellimouse Explorer allowed reassignment of the large and small thumb buttons to Control and Shift respectively.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Intellimouse Explorer software - IP5_0ENG.exe - from Microsoft. The drop down menu for these buttons does not provide for reassignment to Control and Shift.

I do not have the old software as this was also a download and was not saved. Can anyone help me reassign these buttons? Thank you.

I suggest you google for Intellimouse 4 and download it (i.e. from here : I agree that IP5 is a nuisance for removing options without any sane explanation. Removing options in this case seems ridiculous to me. The more I can choose, the happier I am.

I actually uninstalled IP5 to reinstall IP4 because of this issue (I use ESC and Alt-Tab extensively, but IP5 does not allow those choices).

Pascal.

Thanks Pascal
Silly me I thought MS might have done something logical and had some further options hidden away somewhere.

Uninstalled IP5, installed IP4, and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back