Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Hyper-v 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanessa03

Technical User
May 13, 2003
US
Progression 7.7.6 SQL 2008 R2
I can't find anything on Exact's web site about installing on a virtual server. Has anyone done this and is it supported?
Thanks.

Not sure about support, but I have seen it lots of times and I actually have an old Pervasive version running on a virtual machine.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Our current production servers are virtualized using VMware (ESXi) and we've never had an infrastructure-related problem running ES, it works great. We've also recently tested Hyper-V (considering migrating away from ESXi) and it has had no issues as well.

I have Macola ES installed on a Win 2K8 R2 Hyper V install.

We only use the TS install for OE, IM and AR as a published application.

Some issues that I encounter are based on screen resolution if you are creating a published application and running on a Win 7 PC. Also, the customer card seems to crash randomly when you add/change a credit card number, add an alternate shipping address or contact.

I beleive that Exact officially is agnostic to Virtualization.
I would have a hard time not chosing to Virtualize any new installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back