Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Exchange 2000 Agent configuration EC=1314 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbwarrior

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
PT
Hi everybody,

When I'm installing the MS Exchange 2000 Agent on a Windows 2000 Server, the screen where I'asked for MS Exchange Account Information (mailbox(alias), Service account, pasword, domain) I get the following error message :

"Failed to add SYSTEM privilege to the specified account, EC=%d, EC=1314"

The configuration account as local and domain admin privileges.

Best Regards,
Carlos

But..... Is the primary group for the account set to domain admins???

Also, you might want to consider checking the mailbox alia you created i.e. make sure the first three letters are unique when compared to all other mailboxes in the organisation.

Make sure you initialised the mailbox by sending it an email, and also make sure you have installed a MAPI client on the exchange server.

guru

I can't get past this......is there anything else i'm missing? It's killing me

You have to set in your Domain Security Policy the following priviliges to the account you are using:

- logon as a service
- logon locally
- logon as a batch job

Don't forget to login with that account and configured a Outlook profile. Try to send a message with that account...

Greetings,
Carlos

I am having the same problem. I did not install Outlook on my Exchnage 2000 server per the follwing MS KB article:

Instead I created a MAPI Profile with:

using profman2 (profman.exe) in the archive

I still get the error.

Did everyone who has it working actually install Outlook 2000 on their Exchnage 2000 server?

Yes. I installed and ArcServe Exchange agent is working.

Best Regards,
Carlos

Do you have Outlook 2000 installed on your Exchange 2000 server?

Were there any documents you used other than the readme and the pdf that came with the agent?

I used the FAQS on the CA Support Site.

Ok so I have installed outlook and nothing. WTF is this

I just started the process of returning mine and am going to buy Backup Exec 8.6

I also had the same problem. I logged on as the Arcserve service and it took it fine after that.

All:

What CA has to do is write up better documentation.

Leonardo B-(

Guys,

Stop complaining and check the FAQ on this forum regarding the Backup agent for Exchange 2000

Cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Try this:

Install arcserve from cd
Install exchange agent too
Start the agent configuration, but do not insert the exchange account, let arcserve belive you want to backup only the information store, do not care of the warning message.

Install sp3 for arcserve and the agent.
Stop the rpc service, restart it.
Do the exchange agent configuration again.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back