Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Excel PDF Link: Go To a Specific Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGleason

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
Is it possible to have a link within Excel to go to a specific page within a .pdf document? I can bring up the document ok. The .pdf is on my local drive.

TIA,
GGleason

I know you can in Word;

In b.doc, select a word at the top of Page 9 or which ever page you want the excel hyperlink to point to and make it a Bookmark (Insert->Bookmark...). Then go back to a.xls and edit your hyperlink. At the end of the filename you're hyperlinking to (b.doc) add #bookmarkname. So, your hyperlink should now look like b.doc#bookmarkname. Now, you should be able to jump to Page 9 of b.doc from a.xls.

But not sure in a PDF.

Wray

Wray,

Thanks. I tried that but all it did was open the file. The document has several bookmarks and after a couple of attempts saw that it was not working. I have Acrobat Standard 7.0 running on WinXP SP2. Perhaps it is a version issue.

Thanks,
GGleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back