Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Date-Time Picker Control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

siebel2002

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
I am running Windows 98 in my laptop. I would lik to add the activeX control "Microsoft Date Time Picker Control". The dll is mscomct2.ocx.Can anyone tell me which folder should i add this file . Is it Windows\System or somewhere else? Thank you.

It's probably in

C:\Windows\System32

PeteJ
(Contract Code-monkey)

It's amazing how many ways there are to skin a cat
(apologies to the veggies)

I tried systen32 folder..still.. no use! Any ideas please? Thanks gurus

Maybe you can try searching for the file using the search provided by Win 98.

Fight?
[lightsaber]
What fight? [shocked]

If you don't have the developer edition of Access you won't have the control in your arsenal, unless you have another program that installs it like MS Developer Studio or something.

If you're just trying to copy the file onto your laptop and register it, you can put it anywhere you want as long as you get it registered using regsvr32.exe

On my Win98 box, the ocx is in C:\Windows\System

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

[sleeping]Unemployed in Houston, Texas

You could bypass the ocx completely and use the DTPicker API. Check out for a ready to roll solution.

hth

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara

"Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
NoFX-The Decline
----------------------------------------------

Thanks Gurus!! You have ALL been very helpful & I am now able to incorporate the DateTime Picker in my app.

Again, I appreciate your feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back