Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS CRM & IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

papic

Technical User
Oct 15, 2003
FR
Hi All,

Has anyone of you had any kind of experience with Microsoft CRM and its integration with IPO. There is software “connector” for that but it provides only pop-up feature and outbound dialing from CRM tables.

The main customer requirement is to make SQL query into DBs of MS CRM but customer states that DBs of MS CRM is closed for queries from VM Pro and query only can be done through MS CRM platform. Is it valid or not?

I will appreciate any advice regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

What exactly are you trying to accomplish, papic? That would help us give you better advice.

Off the top I would say it's the IVR licence you want, not the MS-CRM integration licence, but need to know more about your intentions.

Peter

First off all, I want to thank you for your intention to help me with this case.

I want to accomplish following:
Call is coming to IVR (VM Pro). The first point will be general voice announcement for the calling party, and while the caller is listening voice prompt, I want to make SQL inquiry to MS CRM date base regarding caller’s ID. If it is recognized (caller’s ID) in the DB, the inquiry will return back information from date base which level of customer it is and that would be criteria for further transfer.
- If it is high level of customer, he/she will be transfer to specific agent. When call comes to agent, regarding caller’s ID it should be open (pop up) customer ticket from MS CRM (another SQL inquiry or may be something else).
- If it is customer with other level of importance, the call will be transferred to correspondence agent following with pop up function of customer ticket.
- If it is call without caller ID or unknown caller ID it will be transfer to operator or to someone else.

This is brief what I want to make. So, there are many SQL inquires from IVR system (VP Pro) to DBs of MS CRM. The main question is: Is it possible to make something like that apropos is it possible to make SQL inquiry from VM Pro (with necessary license for third party base integration) to MS CRM?

Is it MS CRM DBs are closed for such SQL inquires?

Thank you in advance for any kind of advice.

Best regards,

Alex

Ok, you will need BOTH the IVR and MS-CRM licences then. As for the DB's being closed, I don't think that is a technical issue so much as the customers policies. I see no reason technically you could not point the VMPro database tokens as the MS-CRM databases, although I confess I have not tried it personally. I suspect it's more a case of the customers IT guys being terified you will mess up their DB, or leave a gaping security hole. Get your own IT guys to discuss it with them and calm them down.

Peter

That is the main problem that neither customer IT guys neither my IT group doesn’t have enough experience with MS CRM. Customers’ IT guys don’t want to allow us to deal with their DBs and at the other side we cannot claim something in what we are not sure. So, spellbound circle!!!!!

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back