Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS ASP / VBS; Linux Equivalent ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caradog

Programmer
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Hi guys, bit of a newbie question this...

Recently I got a new job which requires me to develop web sites on Linux (Red Hat 7.0 & SunOS True64). I started my career in this platform 4-5 years ago but in my last full time job I was working with NT boxes using ASP for 3 years so I feel a bit out of the Linux developer community atm.

I was wondering if anyone could sugest a good Linux eqivalent of server side scrpting (JS I pursume?) and database connection service (PHP?) which works similar to the ASP/VBS combination on NT Boxes.

Thanks.

Jace Hayman
jace@swig-online.co.uk

PHP and MySQL are probably your best bests for Server Side scripting and database interaction. Mise Le Meas,

Mighty :)

In addition to the above you should also consider jsp's if you need something that's a bit more powerful although the learning curve is a bit steeper.

-Scott

there is some software you can use to use ASP on linux... chiliSoft is one, there are a few more, but i dont remember what they are.

plus... there's always perl. luciddream@subdimension.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back