Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access XP and access to tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrmc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
CA
Hello,

We had the unfortunate incident where one of our MS Access database programmers passed away suddenly. We were able to recover the admin username and password luckily. However, the programmer used a known ACCESS key combination to block out user ACCESS to the actual databases.

I can't seem to find any information on these types of key combinations. Has anyone used these before are send me a link to somewhere that lists them so I can test them out?

Thanks!

Try creating a new database, then right click in teh blank white area, choose Import, browse to the offending mdb or mde, and then click Select All on all the tabs, and import it all.

Did your programmer colleague create a macro called AutoKeys ? This can be used to create actions for keystroke combinations, including preventing default Access keystroke combinations from being used.

[pc2]

I have not tried these suggestions yet, but will let you know asap.

Thanks!

Which version of Access? What you need to do is (*I THINK* this works, if memory serves me right), when opening the application, hold down the shift key. This *SHOULD* allow you to get to the menus, etc. Now you need to look for the startup menu. Here you can check menus, shortcuts, table access, etc.

I just tried it in Access 2003 and it works. Startup may/may not be in the same place in earlier versions of Access, but it is there. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... could not import into a new database "no permissions" and holding down shift key let me see the tables, but I could not edit the database. Anyone have a password cracker for MS ACCESS 2003? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back