Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access shows #DELETED in result set

Status
Not open for further replies.

osensei

Programmer
Jul 19, 2003
US
I've just installed pgsqlODBC 7.03 on my workstation for use with MS Access (Access 97 on Windows ME). I'm connecting to a Postgres Sql Database on a Linux host. I guess I need help setting up the ODBC datasource in Access.

When a add linked tables to the Access database I get mixed results. Some tables show the result set as they should, while others show #DELETED in all the rows and column. My guess is that my Datasource Option aren't set up correctly.

Help anyone!

I've encountered this with Access>Oracle also, but only when I was viewing the entire contents of a record. It was explained to me that the problem is caused by large numbers in the data.

The data I was viewing contains an ID number for each record, and this number can be quite large.

I noticed that if I ran a query to retrieve only the columns I wanted, (excluding the ID field), I could see that data the record contained.

Hi, maybe you want to see this link

LEY DE EDWARDS SOBRE EL ESFUERZO/TIEMPO.
Esfuerzo x Tiempo = Constante.
Dado un tiempo inicial grande para hacer algo, el esfuerzo inicial será pequeño.
A medida que el tiempo se aproxima a cero, el esfuerzo tiende a infinito.

-"Murphy fue un optimista"-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back