Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access Pivot Table/Chart Rounding Decimal to 0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I have a pivot chart which pulls from a table. The fields that I want to create a sum on in the Pivot Table & Chart changes the actual value. For example Hours worked for Jane Doe in the table are 5.7 however in the Pivot Table it is 5.00.

My settings are as follows:
Format is Fixed; Decimal Places is set to 2.

So it is not giving me accurate totals or individual data. How do I get the information to display and read the exact data from the table instead of dropping the numbers after the decimal and setting them to 00? Thanks in advance for your help.

What is the data length ?
Should be Double, Single, Decimal or Currency

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Thanks PHV! That worked!

I changed the data length (field size)to single and it worked. Just for my own understanding, why does it not work with the decimal setting. Is there some underlying reason why the decimal setting would not show the decimals?

Byte, Integer and Long are integral, ie have no provision for holding a fractional part.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back