Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access front end freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cst172

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
I have an Access front-end that uses dns less connections to my PostgreSQL database. The problem occurs if I leave a form open and idle for an extended period. Microsoft Access ends up giving errors and the user must ctrl+alt+del out.

What version of Access and what are the errors?

And if I might ask, how did you connect without using a dsn?

You might try it with a DSN and then set the DSN up to log everything to a file. I've done that to trouble shoot some VB apps and it was pretty helpful.

You may see something going on between the two and see what is making it happen.

If I had to guess with no other info. I'd say it is something in Access and you might not be able to do anything about it. I've never had a similar problem with VB or the PHP stuff I do.

sorry I'm not any more help.

BTW- I thought you meant linking tables (as opposed to using VBA) without a DSN. That would be slick. Right now I use a file dsn out on our network for all my apps that need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back