Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS access form design mode 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBrack

MIS
Mar 12, 2004
US
I am currently using an ms access database that doesn't have the normal menu.

It has "File" and other application specific menus. I did an F11. After a form is opened in design mode, it doesn't show the "view" option in the menu toolbar. So, there's no way to see the code, properties etc .. Also, the application specific menus still remain.

Also, "Tools" menu has only two options in it. "Hyperlink" and "Compact Repair Database". It doesn't have relationships etc..

This is the copy of a prod database and I am supposed to make some changes to it. Is there a way to see the "view" menu and "code"? Do I have to request a development version of it?

Thanks in advance.

Is this database an MDE or a Runtime Version? Have you tried creating a new database and importing all the database objects; Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros, Modules into the new database?

Thanks. It' an mdb file. I will try the export. I have to give the database back along with changes. I never did the export in access. Not sure if the exported database would look just like the original database(the custom built menus on the top). I guess I'll have to export them again back into the original database

Before you do all that exporting stuff, have you tried holding down the SHIFT key while opening the MDB? This will usually bypass the startup form and restrictions to the menues.

Yeah, I presses the shift key. The menus are still there.

Hello,

Is there a way to export all tables at once instead of exporting each table/form etc manually. It would take hours to export every single item manually.

Also, any idea as to why these menus appear in the database on the top? Thanks for all help.

You actually want to do an Import. Create the new database, then Import all the objects from the database that has the menu problem. You can select "All" during the Import process.

Hi,

Thanks. That makes sense. Don't know why the people who gave me the database have such menu dropdowns at the top. Its a problem here, but surprisingly, no one knows why all those app related menu items appear on the top like that. Don't know how the users put them or why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back