Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access close when runing a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

efege2

Programmer
Nov 16, 2003
AR
I have a Microsoft Access 2002 database being accessed from PC having Windows 98, on a network. The database crashes when I try to get a report, displaying:

"Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
It also references oleaut32.dll file.

I tried:
reparing the database
generating the reports again

The database works all right if I use it in any other PC than then one where I need it!.
The error seemed to be related to some sql query before, but now, it happens randomly.

Thanks you for your help.

Do you have another PC that is using Windows 98 that can access it without the error? If so, can you check the two oleaut32.dll files to make sure they are identical? Searching the Microsoft knowledge base shows a lot of compatibility problems with this file and numerous software packages and Serive Packs.

Thanks for your help cstringer
I checked the oleaut32.dll file. Unfortunately, they are the same for both PCs!!!.
I regenerated the reports again in the PC where I was having problems. They worked for a while and then crashed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back