Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access can't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

maerts

Technical User
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have Office 97, 2000, and XP installed all on the same computer. I have gotten all applications to work except Access 97. When I try to start Access 97 I get an error that says: Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine. HELP!!!!! please

Thank you starsky51, but I already tried that, and it did not work for me, I am running NT4.0 SP6A just as an FYI to anyone that may have any suggestions.

Hi Maerts

Yes that problem can be solved, but I have a question first. Did you do the step by step or install the AcLicn97.exe file.
Only the second will help, but I'm think I remember (it's been a long time ago) you need to install a second file. I have those on my home PC and look them up later in the day and post them for you.
Keep me posted
Marcel

I have a correction, I did try the first suggestion that starsky51 suggested, however the hatten.ttf file was not found on the PC. I did try to reinstall Office 97 and still was getting the same error. However I guess the reinstall of Office 97 did reinstall the hatten.ttf file and this time I was able to rename it and reinstall 97 again, this time it did resolve the issue, so now I have a working copy of 97, 2000, and XP, thanks again starsky51.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back