Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS ACCESS 2K and Window 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

haj1503

Technical User
May 29, 2001
MY
Hi friends,

I've developed one application by MS Access 2K and installed in Server which using Novell.

Right now, I'm trying run the MS Access 2k through Novell Server which using windows 95.

Any conflict will arise?. what kind of PC specification I need to be run?

Please help me to solve this problem. thanks in advance.

Best regards,

As I understand you, you do not have a problem yet but anticipate the one or several could arise.

My feeling is that questions should only ne raised to prblems at hand, but be that as it may, I also think that you are asking for trouble using your config and the first thing I would do would be taking the win95, 4,77 Mhz PC and throw it out the door B-)

To be honest I think you might pull it off, but you would sleep better if you drop the win95 - and drop it from high up :)

Herman

Hi Herman,

Thank in advance for you advise, one more thing that I need to arise here, since my current company need the application that I've developed to be run sooner then no point also, I should be to follow my boss instruction, did you agreee....

Anywhere, do you thing the specification 477Mhz window95 it the lower spec. to running MS Access 2K?

Thanks again please....

Best regards,

If your boss wants to use the win95 pc, there is not much you can do, except to note that he does not know what is going on :), but in all seriousness you will have problems with this config, maby not to day but soon, very soon!

I do not know the specs of the win95 pc, but in running win95, it would be an old one. One thing you perhaps could do is to upgrade it to the less buggy win98 - format c: first please! no upgrade - this will give a a more stabile config, also you could check the amount of RAM in this pc, 32Mb?, have it upgraded to at least 64Mb.

Once you have got your config up and running, find yourself another job in a hurry and let someone else take all the heat :-D

Herman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back