Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Access 2007 - Can it open/use prior MS Access Versions? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smedvid

MIS
May 28, 1999
US
I am 99.999125% sure, but I wanted to see if anyone had any firm docuemntation that MS Access 2007 can not open/use prior MS Access versions "without" first converting the file into the new file strucutre format.

Basically, a user wants to use MS Access 2007; and open older MDB files without converting them.

I have surfed for the information, but must not be entering the proper key words or I am burned out from a long week. Ugh! TGIF

Thanks!

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

I'm able to play with an access 2003 database with access 2007.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I regularly open Access 2000 - 2003 databases using both Access 2007 and 2010. I have read and written data to linked tables in an Access 97 mdb but have not opened the 97 mdb.

Excellent... Thanks All!

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Steve,

The older version of Access have to be converted as below.

Use either Access 2.0 or Access 97 to convert from Access 1.0
Use Access 2003 to convert from Access 2.0 or Access 97.
or you could do the import. Open a blank 2003 Database and import Forms, Reports, Modules, etc. from Access 1.x Database. Code change is required on the Modulew and Macros that were imported from Access 1.x into Access 2003

Thanks
Jambai

If you go to Access Options then you can set the default database format to Access 2000, 2002/2003 or 2007 which makes life very easy if you're moving back and forth between different versions.

Geoff Franklin

I got a database in 2000 format from 97 and 2007 can not open it.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

assets,

Try to open it using 2003 and then 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back