Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS 98se Windows Up Date Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjump

Vendor
Feb 28, 2003
US
Hi All,
I'm Having a problem with windows up-date. If you view the windows up-date history, It says Windows Media Player 9.0 installation is in progress. Some thing happened during it's installation and now it won't finnish installing and I can't get it uninstalled. There are 5 other windows up-date files that fail when we try and do the up-dates. The Internet explorer is act a little funny also. Can anyone help me get that win media player out of the installation inprogress mode.

Thanks pjump

I did try and install Ms Media player from a stand alone installer. it went in ok but I still Have the same issue with Ms Win 98se Up-date. One Of the Up-Date that will not go in is service pack 6 I think. It won't let install due to the media player inprogress. The other up-date are security and a win shut down up-date.

I'm thinking at this point maybe I should try and reload win 98se???? What do you think?

Thanks pjump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back