Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS 2K3 Net Inf 70-291 Test - Hard? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPMatt

Technical User
Jun 9, 2010
EU
Hellos,

I'm about to take 70-291 which will finally complete my MCSA in 2K3 (I know, a bit outdated but then here come the upgrade exams.)

I was wondering if anyone can give me any exam tips, things to remember specifically (other than flipping subnetting which I absolutely hate) or things to look out for I'd appreciate it deeply!

Also, in peoples experience, is it a hard exam?

Ta very much!
Matt -
Hewlett Packard Co.

I second that. It was the hardest of all of the MS exams that I've done. There is no one thing that I would say you should emphasize over any other. Just study make sure that you know the topics listed in the prep guide and you'll be fine.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

When I took it earlier this year I got drilled on ip sec and dns so I'd make sure you got that stuff covered

MCSA
MCITP:Enterprise Support
MCTS: Vista Config
MCDST
MCP
Network+ 2009

I will go ahead and say they hammered me on Dns. That has just been six months ago that I took it.

Network+
Inet+
MCP
MCSA 2003
MCTS

Well, to update, I failed on the first attempt. There was a hell of a lot of DNS, and some really complex subnetting questions. That fail was, er, 645 I think...

However, I took it again last week and despite having a large number of simulations (9!!) I passed with a score of 935 ish!

So now a fully qualified MCSA, I'm thinking of taking the upgrade exam to 2008 but I think I'll take a break first!

Thanks for all the infos! You were all right, DNS was *pivitol* to the whole exam really..

Cheers.

291 is very difficult, you better know your networking(DNS, DHCP, subnetting, etc)

294 is difficult as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back