Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSeries SDK Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZSEEK

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
US
Using the MQSERIES SDK, can I in Visual Basic on another computer -- check to see if the MQSeries Queues on a server are inactive (aka timeout) or active... If so, any examples out there...

What do you mean by queues being active/inactive. There is no such thing as queue being active or inactive. Its the Queue manager that is active or inactive. And the easiest way to check that is it issue an MQCONN call. If it fails with 2059, assumption could be made that the qm is inactive. Even though there could be 100's of other reasons you get a 2059.

You could issue dspmq(on MQ 5.3 and later) to see the status of all the qms on a particular node.

Cheers
KK

what I mean inactive/active (or timeout), is that if the mqseries is not used for a length of time -- it goes to sleep (connection to the other end is lost) -- then we send a message after this -- the first message fails but the second works - after it has time to re-estiblish everything... so I was wondering if there was a way to test for this...

If you are talking about connections via channels going into inactive state, then yes, you can use HBINT and DISCINT. Check the manuals for their usage and use the one appropriate to your needs.

Cheers
KK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back