Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQSeries and MSCS, Double Take & Geo Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

aa69

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
Can anyone tell me if MQSeries works with MSCS, Double Take & Geo Cluster. And if you need more than one license if MQ is installed in a MS cluster.

IBM MQ Series does work with on a Microsoft cluster. It will work if you configure it as a generic resource using the cluster's virtual IP, however it works MUCH MUCH better if you download the service pack for clustering, (I think its MC74 or something like that) Follow the instructions and create a virtual Queue Manager under MSCS control.

I have set a few of these up and they are fanatastic. To give you an example, I started a AMQSPUT, rebooted the active node in the middle of it and within 12 seconds the secondary node had taken over, and MQ continued receiving messages, I sent 33 messages, none were lost.

With Active / Passive - No you do not need an additional license. The binaries reside on both nodes, but there is only one copy of the program running at any given time

With Active / Active you need 2 licences, its just like installing it on 2 NT servers right?

Windows 2003 Cluster

Has anyone installed MQSeries on a W2K3 Cluster? I don't have the custom Resource name "IBM Websphere MQ MSCS" when I attempt to create a new resource.
I've installed MQSeries on all the nodes I have, moved the Data and Log folders to the Cluster Shared Drive, followed all the instructions from the IBM site, but I have no "IBM Websphere MQ MSCS" entry in resource type.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back