Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQI Client connecting to MQS Server Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosta

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
PT
Hi guys,
I'm trying to run a Visual Basic sample which was on the MQServer in the directory Program Files\MqSeries\Tools\Samples\Vb\Sampvb6, but when I run it it gives me an error which is "MYCONN Failed with code 2195" which I believe is an unexpected error.

In the MQS client I'm using the MQSERVER environment variable, which has the follow configuration
SYSTEM.AUTO.SVRCONN/TCP/IP_SERVER(1414)

In the MQS Server I have a Queue Manager which has a channel
named SYSTEM.AUTO.SVRCONN (Channel type = Server connection, Protocol Type = TCP/IP)

I've read the IBM manuals, I think it's all well done, but I don't understand why it doesn't work.

Can someone help me, please ???

thanks,

Scosta

First of all i am not so sure of VB, but are you sure if the sample you are running is a Client app and not a server app.

Now, on your server do you have a Listener running on port 1414. If not, then you need to start one.

Also usually you get an FDC file whenever there is an unexpected error(2195) that you can find in \mqseries\errors. Check to see if you find any files created around the time you got 2195.

Cheers
KK

Thanks for the help, but I'm sure the sample is a Client app. I do have a Listener running on port 1414.
I've checked \mqseries\errors but when I run the Client app it won't put a error message there.
I don't know what's happening ?

I've tried running amqsputc, it opens a dos shell window but it doesn't do anything !!!

I've tried again with the sample amqsputc. It gives me the following errors:

MQM could not display the text for error 536895891

MQCONN ended with reason code 2195

I don't have a hint why this is happenning !!!

Can anyone help me ?

thanks

Scosta

Looks like either you have a corrupted MQ client installation or you are missing something here. But as i mentioned earlier, you should have an FDC cut around the same time you get these error messages. Check for that and post the contents of the same.

Cheers
KK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back