Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mq5.2 on windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibyjord

MIS
Mar 20, 2002
IT
Hi,

Are there any experience in installing mq v5.2 on a Win2003 machine ?
that version officially support only WinNT and Win2000 ....

If I were you I would install MQ 5.3 instead. It definately works on W2K3

Thanks for your answer.
We know ibm support v5.3 on Win2003, we wuold like to try to use the v5.2, any experience about it ?

Why not start with 5.0 on Wind2003, if you want to really be unsupported? Why would you want to start with an unsupported system?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

As you can see by my profile I'm a System Administrator not a Manager, I'm not able to decide to buy the new version.

What I can do is to refer to my manager that v5.2 (our actual ver) don't work with win Win2003, then if my manager ask to try to work with v5.2 against Win2003 I've to try, that's it.

I would like to know if, on this forum, there're other 'slaves' that have already tried, that's all.

thanks for your attention.

Too many. I work in Tech Support and we constantly get calls like: "I just installed your (1992 era version) on Windows 2003 and it doesn't work, I want a patch to fix this now since we are going into production this afternoon.)

Actual e-mail this AM: My developers would like to install your latest 7.5.1 version to get all the new features, can we run this on {your 3 years old discontinued} 6.5.1 Runtime environment?

My answer: "Let go of the mouse, take you hands off the kewboard, step back from the computer" :)

BocaBurger

Too many. I work in Tech Support and we constantly get calls like: "I just installed your (1992 era version) on Windows 2003 and it doesn't work, I want a patch to fix this now since we are going into production this afternoon.)

Actual e-mail this AM: My developers would like to install your latest 7.5.1 version to get all the new features, can we run this on {your 3 years old discontinued} 6.5.1 Runtime environment?

My answer: "Let go of the mouse, take your hands off the kewboard, step back from the computer" :)

BocaBurger

The only thing I can tell you is that 5.2 ran on W2K but there were lots of problems to do with the TCP/IP stack. We ended up upgrading to 5.3 CSD07 and things were far more stable.

If you are going to use .Net then you need to be at CSD07 to have a fighting chance (actually I believe .Net support came in at CSD05).

The thing I would do is request a test bed environment to see if 5.2 works under Y2K3...it would be least they (your manager and employees) could do. I would also point out that even if it runs....you ain't going to get support from IBM in case anything goes to hell in a handbasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back