Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MQ Setup in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojankurian

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
I have two Windows XP server installed with MQ Queue manager. I did the standard setup of QL, QR, CHNL, XMITQ etc.

While defining the SNDR CHNL I did the following.

DEF CHL(‘CHNL1’) CHLTYPE(SDR) TRPTYPE(TCP) XMITQ(‘XMITQ1’) CONNAME(‘1.1.1.1(1678)’)

I gave an ip other that 1414 and altered the listener also. All the channels are up & running (SNDR & RCVR)

Using the windows “First Stepts” API option. I am able to connect to the Queue manager but not able to put the message in the Remote Queue.

Ping is working between these machines. Group mqm is working and I have administrative right on both the server also.

Could you tell me why it’s not working? Do I have to update the IP address & port number in any file (service & host )?

In case I have to create both QMNGR in one server to test, what do I give in CONNAME?

Do you know any site which explain all steps of MQ setup?

What is the return code from the attempt to put the message to the remote queue? Are you getting any error messages? What are you using to put the message onto the remote queue?

I think I manage to resolve the first step. I was trying to put using Windows First Step - API Launcher - MQPUT. Manage to put using MQPUT1. Thanks for your quick response

You do know why MQPUT1 worked and MQPUT didn't though right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back