Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MPREXE error

Status
Not open for further replies.

spayne

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
MPREXE caused an exception c06d007eh in module kernel32.dll at: 014f:bff9a3c0

My boss gets this error when he tries to boot up his computer. It gets to a certain point and then just hangs. He has an old Dell 200 Mghz running on Win95 and Novell Client 3.1 or 3.2. He just deleted some old programs and files choosing not to delete unused, shared files. Any ideas?

TIA,

Steve

Have a look at
Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Thanks anyway, Mudskipper. It didn't change anything.

:-(
You might do a search on as I came up with a ton of hits on searches.... Mudskipper
___________________________________________________________________________________

Groucho said it best- "A four year-old child could understand this! Quick! Run out and find me a four year-old child: I can't make heads nor tails out of this!"

Try taking everything out of the Network Neighborhood (card, client, etc.), rebooting, and rebuilding that again. We had the problem periodically at a place I worked at a few years ago, and that usually helped. Also make sure you've got the correct drivers for the network card. Jennifer Sigman
Unemployed again

Actually, we just blew off the client, reinstalled it, and that took care of the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am getting an mprexe problem as well. I have this message:

MPREXE caused a stack fault in module DSMLOGO1.DLL at 0157:0041c160.

My machine then shows me a blank desktop, (no icons at all) and I can do nothing from that point. (even CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work) This is version B of Windows 95, and it won't even seem to let me enter via safemode. (Is it something other than F8 on this type of OS?)

I had a Ghost backup of the system (back from when it worked) and I have tried to re-Ghost it twice, but I still get the same error.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what else to do?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back