Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MP3 to MIDI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expression

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
Sorry
No doubt there is a better forum some where for this question but I have no idea where so I will start here.
I want to convert some MP3 files I have generated (voice) to MIDI files does any one know how to convert these files?

There are several programs, some free, that will convert MP3, wag, or other audio formats over to midi. Waves To Midi is one such program and it can be found on the internet for free. Intelliscore is another, but it is not free. There is one thing to keep in mind, however, when converting audio to midi. Misi (short for musical instrument digitral interface)is not an audio format. It is a data format which gets sent out, either by a seuqencer or midi player, to a musical instrument, or soundcard utilising soundfonts, or such, and, that being the case, results can vary when converting audio. If you are converting audio that has only one instrument, say, a guitar, it will usually work just fine, but if you try to convert audio that contains many intstruments, and drums, the end result may be horrendous, even unlistenable. Try searching, in Google, for WAVES TO MIDI, Solitron, Intelliscore, WAVES GOODBYE. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back