Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mp3 files only play for one minute 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkdog

Technical User
Dec 8, 2002
AU
I've been editing some movies and trying to add some background music. I import an mp3 file but it only plays for one minute and then it goes silent. This doesn't seem dependent on file size. I've tried different MP3 files and they all play Ok (full length) in the the preview player but when I drop them into the time line they all shut down after one minute - anybody got any ideas ?

GD

I think I had the same problem a while ago (using Premiere 6.5). I think the way I got around it was by converting the mp3 to a PCM wav file and then loading the wave into premiere. The file ends up being huge but at least you can hear it.

After moving the mp3 file to the timeline, click on it once, and then hover your mouse pointer on the right edge of the sound clip. You should see a red bracket. You can drag that bracket to the right, and stretch the clip on the timeline. This will allow more of the music to play, and if you stretch it far enough, the whole clip will play.

To know how far to stretch it, right click inside the audio clip in the timeline, and select "open clip." You should see a little audio symbol in the monitor window. Click the play button below it, and the audio will play just as it did in the timeline: too short. When it stops, notice the position of the pointer below the monitor window. Now, stretch the clip in the timeline again, and you should see the pointer in the window move a little to the left. Hit the play button again, and it will play to what it thinks is the end, and stop. Eventually, you'll get the whole clip to play.

Hi,

I seem to encounter the same problem. I have even bought the original audio CD (not mp3) and it still only plays for a minute.

How can i get round this?

Really hope u can help...thank you.

If you have the original CD, then you are extracting the file from the CD. In what form is that file?

If you import WAV files, are you also experiencing a 1-minute limit?

If you double-click the clip to put it into the clips window and play it there, does it stop after a minute?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I've converted the original CD track into .wav format. then i imported it into premiere's timeline. when i right click the track > open track. it then appears in the preview/clips window ans it will paly the whole track as it should. but in the actual timeline, it will stop after one minute, yet the video sequence still carries on.

do u see what i mean?

Let's say you've got a 4-minute video clip and a 4-minute audio clip. Put your cursor at 30 seconds. In the video controls, advance one frame at a time. Do you hear a little "splurt" of sound at each frame?

Now put the cursor at 1:30, which is clearly past your audio cutoff. Again, advance one frame at a time. Do you hear the same kind of 1-frame "splurt" of audio?

When you expand the audio track, do you see a waveform under it for the whole duration?

When you export the video to, say, a Quicktime, does it contain the audio for the whole piece?

Try these thiings and let me know what you find.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Hm, so does this then happen with all your various bits of audio format -- no play in Preview mode after 60 seconds?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

I will definately try it out, but u may have to wait a day or two if that is ok.

wot do think the problem is? i really hope it can be solved.

It is extremely unlikely there is a "bug" in Premiere, as I have plenty of audio files in my projects, some of which are several minutes long!

I am hoping to localize the problem.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but I managed to try the steps in premiere that you told me.

As you already know, I have no audio after one minute on the timeline. Yet if I move the curser after one minute i.e. 1:30 and advance frame by frame, I still hear a 'splurt' of sound. When I expand the track, there is still a waveform throughout the track. Finally after I render the movie and export it to quicktime, the playback has all the audio for the whole song, not jus only one minute.

I hope that helps to localize the problem.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave.

If your video card is a DV500, maybe T07's solution will work for you:
thread230-595737

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

Hi,

No my video card isn't DV500. Its not a case of not getting audio at all on the premiere timeline, like in the case of T07, but i actually get one whole minute and then nothing. not sure what to do know.

Any further ideas?

Thanks your time, much appreciated.

Hi Smooth

As in your first mail, had you tried with only mp3, is .wav or avi contain audio working fine for you.

wait for ur mail

Akash

hi,

i've converted all audio into .wav, yet it still doesnt work. well it playys for a minute , then nothing. all video clips are in .avi format.

cheers.

Hm, what are your project settings?

What are your system specs?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back