Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mozilla/firefox doesn't run client-side javascript in history

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US

if you open that page in IE, it works fine. however if you open it in Firefox/Mozilla, and then go to a different page, and then hit 'back', the Flash part will disappear.

The 'flash' part is being generated with a javascript:document.write() function, and is within the <body> element. IE runs this code even when you go through the history. Firefox apparently caches the result, and if the result is small it will still display it when you press back. (If you have "document.write('foo')", 'foo' will still be present in the page when you press 'back' in the browser.)

Any idea how to get this to work in Firefox?

Liam Morley
Software Engineer
"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

scratch that- i tracked the error down to a particular firefox extension. after upgrading the extension, the problem doesn't appear. so i'm happy.

Liam Morley
Software Engineer

and which firefox extension would that be ?

A smile is worth a thousand kind words. So smile, it's easy! :)

it was an older version of adblock. i want to say 0.5.2.03x, on firefox 1.5. upgraded to 0.5.2.056, and things are good.

Liam Morley
Software Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back