Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mozilla Firefox and Win2k Terminal Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFeyrer

MIS
Jul 10, 2003
US
We've had some spyware infestations on our Windows 2000 terminal server, and I am wondering if anyone has had a successful deployment of M Firefox in this environment. I'm concerned about registry entries and individualized preferences, primarily, being populated and properly imported for each user profile.

Thanks,

Christopher Feyrer

Just following up to see if anyone has more information on this since last October.

Spyware on terminal servers? Are your users admins? If they are standard users logging onto a TS the spyware threat should be very low.

Maybe I should rephrase; what level of restriction would be appropriate? They are Domain Users....I'm talking mostly browser cookies, toolbars, homepage hijackers, and opened attachments. Win2k3's warnings would help but upgrading is not an option, so for the popup blocking and reduced targeting by hackers, I'm looking to switch to mozilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back