Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Winroute

Status
Not open for further replies.

commanderbob

Technical User
Aug 1, 2002
GB
Hi

I need to move the winroute software from one server to another... to a big task I know but the problem is that I can't move the filters.. I don't want to have to put 100's of rules back in... is there a way.. plese guide me!

Cheers guys

a month late is better than never?

hkey_local_machine\software\kerio in the registry holds all of the winroute configuration information.

the 'mport' branch holds port mapping information. you can simply export it to a .reg file and then import it into your new server.

the 'acl' branch contains your packet filter rules. you can export and import it into your new server, but the catch is that if the network adapter configuration on your new server isn't the same as on your old server, there is a chance that some packet filter rules may end up on the wrong network interface on the new server. the number in the 'acl' string value for each rule determines where that rule ends up (which interface, and whether it's for ingoing or outgoing).

<insert the usual registry editing disclaimer here>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back