Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Verity Collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylelunn

Programmer
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Anyone have any ideas about the following problem I'm having?

I have created verity collections for searching on my local machine and I will periodically need to upload them to our web server.
Any ideas how thsi can be done as I have taken the obvious step of copying the collection directory up to the server but no doubt there's more to it than that!

Thanks for any helpful comments in advance.

I have created collections on one server and have had to upload it to another server.

The collections that have been created on your PC will have to be created on the other server with CFCOLLECTION in order for Verity to recognize them.
I just used CFFTP to get all of the files.
I loop through the collection folder and if a file is found it will copy that over, but if a folder is found it will put it into a queue until it finishes with the current folder...it will then go through the next folder in the queue looking for files and folders.

I just gave you a little bit of info because I am not sure if this is what you are wanting...if you need anything more just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back