Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving to a new data store

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjohnnyboy

Programmer
Jun 23, 2005
US
my original Farm data store is in an Oracle 7.x database..Here is what I did:
* exported the Oracle 7 database
* imported it into a new Oracle 9 schema within an instance(no errors..)
* kept the same schema names for the data store..

Now, how do I point one of the servers within the farm to the newly migrated data store?(As a test..)

Is it DSMAINT CONFIG? DSMAINT MIGRATE? CHFARM? Should the MF20.dsn be changed manually and then IMA restarted?

The goal is to get the data store off of Oracle 7 and on to Oracle 9..Any takers? I'll buy you a coke..

Ok there is a document on Citrix about Data store management. However this is what I would have done.

I would have changed the DSN to point to the new database.

However I would have wanted to go the DSMAINT Migrate route which involves two DSN's one old and one new. It will then move the data for you.

The document is pretty good.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Scott - good point, but I want to make sure I clarify my environment..Alls I want to do is change the MF20.dsn file to point to the new data store...No ODBC is needed here.. Please see the listing below...Should I need to do a DSMAINT MIGRATE to achieve this? the guide didnt get this specific..

* here are the contents of the MF20.dsn
[ODBC]
DRIVER=ORACLE ODBC DRIVER
UID=CTXADMIN
TLO=O
PFC=10
CSR=F
MTS=F
FRL=F
RST=T
LOB=T
FDL=10
FRC=10
QTO=T
FEN=T
APA=T
DBA=W
DBQ=CITRIX
SERVER=CITRIX

I want to change it to:
[ODBC]
DRIVER=ORACLE ODBC DRIVER
UID=CTXADMIN
TLO=O
PFC=10
CSR=F
MTS=F
FRL=F
RST=T
LOB=T
FDL=10
FRC=10
QTO=T
FEN=T
APA=T
DBA=W
DBQ=UTIL_DB
SERVER=UTIL_DB

If the data has moved, I would be just changing the DSN. To point to the new database.

I don't have that much experience with Oracle tho, mostly SQL.
If youve got it backed up then hey shouldnt be too dificult to go back should it go TU.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

for the purposes of this post, I think that the RDBMS is irrelevant..the MF20.dsn point to the Oracle drive and the SERVICE_NAME.

I did change the MF20.dsn as shown above, but I tried to log into the CMC on this server, but it couldnt connect...

I like your reply though, I'll double check the changing of the mf20.dsn...I was confusing myself with all of the potential options..(i.e. DSMAINT CONFIG, MIGRATE, etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back