Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving the Arcserve 2000 database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubilus1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2001
US
I am running Arcserve 2000 using sql7 as the database to store records. The sql7 database has never worked correctly, records disappear, tapes won't merge. Someone suggested I should use the RAIMA VLDB database.

Is it possible for me to switch to the RAIMA database without re-installing Arcserve? If so, how?
I don't need to keep anything from the sql database (it never had any useful info anyways)

Thank you for any input,
Matt

Hey Matt, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get SQL to work, however it is slower. Most of the problems of this nature I have seen involving the database were a result of some security problem.
Anyway, I am quite sure there is NO way to directly convert SQL to VLDB using a utility like DBtoVLDB.EXE

Good Luck. James.Horvath@truedatasan.com
True Data Storage Networks., Inc.
CA Storage Solutions Provider
StorageTek Authorized Dealer

Okay, thanks for the quick reponse.

I have been trying to get the SQL database to work for some time but too no avail. Records simply refused to stay in the database more than a day before being tagged with a destroyed date. Spent countless hours with inane CA tech support people, but they could only increase my aggravation. They seemed completely ignorant of the basic layout and functionality of Arcserve.

That is the response I was expecting, but thanks for confirming. I will simply re-install Arcserve.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back