Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Seagate Info to another server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
We currently have Seagate Info 7 on a server which needs to be rebuilt. Is there anyone out there who has moved all of their reports, etc to another server or APS. Is there documentation anywhere to accomplish this task. We may just want to rebuild the server over a weekend and then put Seagate Info back on the same box. Is there anyone out there who has already done this?

If it will be a new APS will I have to touch each report that I have out there to tell it the new Info Server? Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bessebo

Bessebo,

Doen this many times. Some documentation about but not to hand as I write this. However, try the following:

1. Install Info on the new machine using the default Access (cinfo.mdb) database
2. Copy onto the new machine the entire contents of both the input and output subdirectories (and any sub folders) as well as the cache
3. If your existing APS database is held on the machine to be rebuilt then copy that to the new machine as well - try to reproduce the same directory structure to put it in if you can
4. Configure an identical ODBC source on the new machine to point at the copied exisiting database
5. Run the Configuration Manager on the new machine and using the Data Source Expert (under the APS tab) choose the middle option (to point at another copy of the system database) - select your newly created ODBC DSN - WHATEVER you do, DO NOT exit yet.
6. Now use the File Stores options to update the machine name (the copy database will hold the name of the old machine initially) and the input, output and cache locations - these will also point initially to the old machine
7. Now you can exit the Config Mgr, down and restart the APS and all should be well.

If you need any more drop me a line. David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back