Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving SCN Users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AguaFria

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
US
Here's one that caught me today - if you have a user moving from one IPO to another IPO in a SCN - when you completely delete the extn and user file on one side and rebuild on the other, the incoming call routing will not function and the internal routing will not work - even after rebooting both switches with the extn deletion / addition. I have found you need to break the IP connection for a few seconds and get the IPO's to resend their respective dial plans. Otherwise they just keep sending back to the old location - even though it was deleted. May be another no brainer, but I'm new to the forum. sorry if it is old news.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

This is true. I would not call "no brainier” I have had to trouble shoot this one on multiple occasions.

FYI. In 3.1(X) I am using (48) at home. Avaya did a nice thing. When you delete a user. If you have an incoming call the "Destination" is removed. The line group is remains.

Just a little more info for you.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back