Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving recordings from a PC to an announcement board

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBantz

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Does anyone have a recommendation for moving professional voice recordings from a PC file to my announcement boards? We have an R9, with TN750 announcement boards (currently no VAL boards).

Thanks
JB

Check out thread690-601989 - there are some pretty good tips available in this thread.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

We get announcements from our clients to play while their callers are in queue. They provide a .wav file. I download the file from the email onto my desktop. We then use a gizmo from Dynametric called a TMP-605 adapter(i think they have another model now)that plugs into the speaker output on the PC speakers, and into the handset jack on the telephone. It also has a directional switch on ti for talk or play.

I remotely access my switch, #10 (recording access code) and the announcement number (which has already been setup) and then as I hit '1' to start recording, I open the .wav file and play the announcment, and then hang up when it is done. I can keep the .wav files on my PC as backup.

You can query the web for Dynametrics or cal 1800 525-6925

Great, I will check out Dynametrics web page. I also found a device from JK Audio called the THAT-2 (Telephone Handset Audio Tap) that goes between the handset and the phone, and has an RCA input to bring in an outside audio source. We haven’t tested it yet, but it looks like a good tool. It is supposed to work with Electret, Carbon and Dynamic Handsets (there is a selector to pick the type of handset that you have).

Thanks for the Tip on Dynametrics, I have used their Logger Patches in the past, and they worked well.

Plantronics also has an MX-10 box that I use for my headset. It is also useful to listen to music from my PC over my headset. I used it to save a clock ticking sound to my conversant, witch customers here while the conversant is gathering their billing info.

I ordered a TMP-636 from Dynametrics.com two weeks ago and it works great for exactly what you are describing. I might recomend using something other than a PC soundcard as they typically have higher signal to noise ratio than a stereo. Just a thought.

Tyler

I hang a handset on a pc speaker that will play the wav. file. If you hang the handset on the top of the speaker, the part of the handset that you speak into is laying up against the speaker to record the announcement. Then you just play the announcement through the pc and use the feature codes to record through the phone. If your in a quiet office the quality is excellent. Just like having your voice talent speaking into the phone.

Thanks for all of the Ideas.

I have hooked up the JK Audio THAT-2 (Telephone Handset Audio Tap), and it is working great! It has an adjustable volume for the input, so I can get my record levels where I want them. It also has RCA & XLR jacks to connect to an audio source. That gives us flexibility in our input devices. I recorded a test file from my laptop to an announcement and it sounded great! I am looking forward to hooking it up to a PC with a better sound card or other source to see what it can do.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back