Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Powerplay application from development to target envirnoment

Status
Not open for further replies.

u253458

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi all,

I need to move an powerplay application from development to production. In development, I have setup so that only if you are a part of a certain user class, then only you view the cube also. When moving to production, I understand that I need to pack the application (cognos Version 6.6). Whatelse I should do so that all user access get also moved. Because I don't want to set up access again.

Please help

There are multiple pieces involved here.
First you will need to ensure your Production Access Manager namespace mirrors your development.
Next, where are you setting your security:
1. in the cubes
2. in PPES
3. in Upfront
Knowing this will help us identify what you will need to do.

Thanks,

1. I am adding a userclass(Say A) in the model to build cube.

2. Also, in upfront, I goto properties and then under read access. I make sure that only members of that userclass (Say A) get to see the cube. My questions is about this. When I click save(submit) here. Where does this information get stored. What's file extension?

Thanks in advance

u253458,
I answered question 2 in your other post thread401-589569.
Please try not to double post questions as it will only frustrate forum users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back