Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving PO from C: to D: drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt00692

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
US
I have a customer who installed their Exchange 5.5 PO on the C: drive of a Windows 2000 (with AD) server.

Their C: drive is not full and they would like to move the PO from C: to D: (or E:) ~ Any suggesions?

How should I move the E5.5 PO to another drive?

Run the Exchange Optimizer. Be advised this will stop and start your services. You can also change the location of databases within Exchange Admin, but I don't think this is a preferred method.

Exchange optimizer - Where is this application stored or how do I start this application?

Also, will optimizer give me the options to move the post office to another drive or will I have to select a Move option?

Thank!!!

Sorry for being lazy, i should have elaborated....on your Start Menu, under Programs\Micorsoft Exchange\, you should see the Exchange Optimizer. It will ask you a few simple questions, examine your disk config, and make suggestions about where it thinks you should put stuff. You don't have to accept this, though, you can change it however you like...

Sounds simple - If it does not recommend relocating the PO, can I manually relocate it thru this process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back