Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving Only Report Instance from One folder to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

VensCH

Programmer
Mar 30, 2005
US
Hi All,

Please help me if you can and thanks to you all in Adnace.

Here is the situation,

I have Report A ran for Period 1 and the instance of this is stored in Folder as the same in Folder1
Folder1 - object -A - History - A for Period 2
A for Period 1
Somthing like this,

Our data will change over period of time and i am not suppose to run for period 1 after period two comes,

I would like to Copy Report Instance "A for Period 1
" to folder called "Floder1Arch"
If i move it is moving everything,Folder1 to "Floder1Arch" , so i don't want like that, i want only that specific instance A for Period 1 should be moved to folder "Floder1Arch".

If any one of you have any idea of it please let me know, it will be of great help,

Thanks,
Venu

ShawnPDuffy,

We are using CE10 and CR10,

Thanks a lot for The Help,
Venu

Venu,

Solution for future instances:
Setup two recurring schedules that place the output onto an Unmanaged Disk. Then you can save them to any location within your network and both schedules would be autonomous of each other.

Solution for current saved instances:
You will run into problems finding and sorting them within the Output File Repository Server, so I would say try to steer clear of that. Unfortunately, I don't have a good solution for pre-existing instances.

-Shawn

A report instance is a pre-run report of a report definition. You do not run an instance again, so running it once or many times during Period 1 should give the same results, but then running it in Period 2 would give different results.

Will the timestamps not indicate which period the report was run in?

You could also have some logic in the report, or a value in a database table that would clearly show on the report the period it was run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back