Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

moving offices, have a pix to pix VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

encinitas

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
hello, i'll be moving to a new office space, and I currently have a PIX to PIX VPN. is the move as easy as changing out the new IP address for the new site, on both firewalls?

thanks

i thought as much.
now i have to plan for growth and i only have a PIX 501. isn't that 10 simulaneous connections? i will have 9 permanent employees in that new office.
should i just upgrade to a new PIX when i do the move?
thanks

PIX 501 has 10 user license, 50 user license, or unlimited. Just upgrade to a 50 user license and you're fine.

When you change the ip address for ISAKMP disable it on the interface first, change, then re-enable.

thanks for the tip!

if money was not an issue, would you upgrade the model anyway?
anything cool or exciting with a bigger model?

What kind of bandwidth are you putting through the PIX? With 10 users unless you have a very fast pipe with lots of traffic, anything else is overkill.

hey networkghost-
i disable the ISAKMP on the remote PIX interface, then just add the new IP, and re-enable ISAKMP?
and on my own PIX I just put in the new outside interface IP?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back