Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving my 8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
Hello all. We are building a new Data Center in our building. So this weekend I will be moving my entire phone system. (Duel 8700's with 3 cabinets)

Anything I should look for or know before I bring them down on Friday? Or when I bring them back up?

Also wondering if I do a save translations on the 8700 should it boot right back up? I do not see a PC card of any kind...does it save it to the hard drive or something?

Of course back everything up before bringing it down and watch your cables. I am guessing that they are extending your feed cables to your new location or through a tie cable back to your old room. Make sure whichever route they do not reverse any pairs/ miss any in the splices or anything that will give you cabling problems.

Fighting bad cables while trying to get sets backup and running for Monday can be a PITA.

Good luck on your move brother.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

My main concern is the powering down the 8700's and then bringing them back up making sure all my data is still there.

So by simply running a save translation I should be ok? Whee is that saved too? A hard drive on the 8700? I do not have a PC card of any kind that I can see...nor do I even see where I could plug one in.

You need to log in to the Web interface, from there you can send a backup to an FTP server. From there you can safely shut your servers down also.

Be sure to uncheck the restart after shutdown or it will on its own.

Wait till the fans shut off and pull the plug.

Technician101 has pretty much described it like it is in the book. I would make sure I had some sort of backup. You can go to the web maintenance and look at the back logs to see if and when it is done to what device. It may be going to an FTP server if you do not have a flash reader to backup to.

Page 477

Thomas A. Edison

Ok,ok,ok. You must excuse me...I am a little slow. I found where my PC cards are and have backed-up to them now. Please never mind the idiot in the corner.

But please continue to post suggestions and/or concerns with the moving of a entire system. (Between floors no less).

Mark EVERY cable, where from, where to. Color code them, number them, label them, take pictures,

Then say a prayer.

We went ahead with the move this weekend and everything seems to be up now. One question I have is that my 8700 is showing a major alarm, but it does not seem to be hurting production. The alarm is:

SERVER PLAT-ALM MAJOR Y

I have searched on here and it seems to be something in the Linux part???...I am not really familiar with that so any help would be appreciated.

Click on Current Alarms.

Anything triggering a PLAT-ALM will be found here.

Ok...looks like I have alot of these:

"Duplication memory shadowing error"

I am pretty new to Avaya (1 year under my belt) how would I go about fixing this?

Also saw this on the web interface...is it related?

"Standby Shadowing: off"

Your duplication link is down. You need to find that problem and then the shadowing will come back up.

Thomas A. Edison

Does it duplicate through the fiber? Or a patch cable? Or through the network?

Thanks for all the info so far.

Sweet. I had my fiber swapped the wrong way. Thanks guys and gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back