Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving microsoft office XP/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmanuk

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2003
GB
I have a question that has been bugging me for a while and has (finally) cropped up, when you install microsoft office XP or 2003 it asks for the product to be registered which is fine ok, but if the product is not OEM i believe i have the right to uninstall and move the license to another PC, am i right in assuming this? i am installing small business edition (2003) and will probably need to move it to another lapotp within 6 months, so if i do have the right to move a non-oem license then how do i do it so that microsoft's online registering system will allow me to reinstall it on another PC (and let me register it again)

thanks

Matty G

Bob.

Are you talkign about Registration or Activation. You can re-activate your copy as many time sas you like, I've re-installed my version so many times I can do it with my eyes shut and I've never had a problem activating the software.

I'm not so sure about the registration as I never bother to register.

yes, sorry i mean activation, i have never actually had to activate any office product more than once, is it just a case of running activation again, or do uninstalling office remove the details from microsoft's databases?

thanks

MattyG

Yes.

Alll you do is install it on the new machine nad then run the activation wizard agian and away it goes, I'm not sure what it does at the MS end but My copy of XP must have been activated 15+ time in the last couple of years without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back