Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving MiCollab from virtual to AWS with IP change

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjgmitel

Systems Engineer
Sep 11, 2023
US
Good afternoon- Currently, our MiCollab in on a virtual server in one of our offices. My plan is to move it to AWS and to my question:

I already have a MiCollab instance built in AWS with a 10.255.240.x. Our current vMicollab is at 192.168.30.x. I am trying to figure out how to properly restore the virtual to AWS. With the restore, wont it want to change the IP address to the virtual backup IP address (192.168)? Obviously, I would need to keep it in the 10.255.

Any advice would be appreciative!

Ken

It should inherit the IP settings from the MSL o/s. You should be able to restore a backup to the new server. You will need to do an SDS sync from any MiVB’s that talk to it, and you may have to mess around with some NuPoint settings as well.

havent worked with AWS
but if it was vmware
- you restore the backup
- then access the console and run the admin wizard to change the ipaddress back to the new one
- then login to the web interface and make any other changes required regarding Ip addressing
local networks , network elements icps etc

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

We do something similar to Billz66.

- Backup existing system
- Restore into lab environment
- Change IP addresses in lab to suit new environment
- Backup lab systems
- Restore into new environment

It's a little more stuffing around but works well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back