Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Moving MedPro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeyer

MIS
Mar 6, 2003
US
I has installed a new carrier in my G3si and upgraded to 2.0 from 9.5. What does it take to move to Medpro from Carrier A to Carrier B? I want to ensure 100mbs connection for the Medpro and the new carrier should have the new Cat5 cabling on the backplane as the is what my business partner tells me. Plus it frees up a slot with can be cabled out on my 110 blocks easier.

in 2.0 think you just have to disable the ip-interface, than remove it, change the slot and reinstall for that board.

Do this to move a C-LAN in 2.0 and above...

1.'cha ip-i (board location i.e. 01a05)' [print this page]
A. set 'Enable Ethernet Port' to 'N'
2.'status clan-port 01A0517'(board location w/ port 17) [print this page]
A.Write down Service Port Data Extension (Data Mod)
3.'disp data (Service Port Data Extension from above)' [print this page]
4.'remove data (Service Port Extension from above)'
5.'remove ip-i 01A05' (board location)
6. remove board and amphenol adapter from back and move them to new slot.
7.'add ip-i (new slot location for board)'
A.copy all info from printout of 'change ip-i 01A05'
B.do not enable board yet.
C.tab until you can set Ethernet Options/Auto to 'N'
D.change options to 'Speed' 100 and 'Duplex' Full
8.'add data (use old data mod ext/Service Port Extension)'
A.copy all info from printout of 'disp data XXXXXX'
9.'cha ip-i XXXXX (new board location'
A.enable ethernet port 'Y'
10.'save tran'
11.'status clan-port XXXXX17
A.check for Active Channel 1, Link Status, Service State, and Physical Address (MAC).

There is not a data mod with MedPro boards so skip that part. Also I believe that you cannot change the selection of Ethernet Options on MedPro boards. It's set to 'Auto'. You would just need to 'cha ip-i 01a05' and print that page then disable the ethernet enabled by selecting 'n', 'remove ip-i 01A05', move the board and amphenol adapter to the new slot, then 'add ip-i (new board location), then 'sa t' to save translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back